Last VEX Tournament of the 2019 regular season!
February 16th, 2019 - Use the form on this page to volunteer!
Here's a brief overview of what each volunteer role entails and the amount of volunteers needed per role. You can use the link below to download a PDF describing some of the general roles if you need a better idea of the responsibilities involved.
- Friday Night Set-UP
- - work setting up fields and pit tables Friday 4pm - 8pm
- Morning General Help
- - Arrive Saturday Morning 7am and help with set up and check in
- - perform and document robot inspections, job complete by 9am great for spectator parent, train on the spot
- Technical Judge
- -Interview all teams for Judged Awards, prefer engineers and senior VEX robotics team members
- -Announce teams and scores as well as play by play action, set the pace of the event.
- - One head referee and 2 assistants. Watch and score matches should know rules or put in time to prepare a couple days before.
- Field Reset
- - Reset the field after each match, great job for younger volunteers
- Score Keepers
- - Enter Scores into computer data base ( need 2 students for this)
- Tournament Manager Operator
- - Start and time matches. ( need 2 students for this)
- Queue Table and runners
- -get teams in line for their matches, find teams if they are not showing up
- All Purpose Help
- - General Help for whatever comes up.
All volunteers will receive credit toward Presidential or other service awards. Sign up on our STEM Ambassador page. if you are in some other volunteer program and need certification bring your paper work.
Volunteer Roles Description PDF