A volunteer student group promoting STEM Education
The STEM Ambassadors are a group of our students that promote STEM education among their peers. Rolling robots organizes several outreach events for this team throughout California. in previous years we have promoted robotics day at Compton Unified School District, Volunteered at the VEX IQ tournament, and attended the VEX state Championship. One of our biggest events was attending the Google Science Fair as a VIP guest demonstrating the World Championship Skyrise Robot during the Awards Ceremony streamed live worldwide. This volunteer group earns service hours towards the President's Volunteer Service Award.
Members of our competition teams can sign up for the Presidential Service Award at:
- Go to this link: http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov
- Rollover "GET INVOLVED" and Select "Volunteers"
- Follow the instructions on the page and Select "Apply here"
- Use the special KEY: XVZ-7411 (hours will be tracked towards the award for 12month period - January to December)
The President's Volunteer Service Award will be issued at the end of the year based on the number of hours you have volunteered.
Age up to 15:
- Bronze = 50 hours required
- Silver = 75 hours required
- Gold = 100+ hrs required
So for anyone willing to work we will provide the opportunities for each team member to reach gold status during the year.
Next Volunteer Event
Summer STEM Teaching
Dates and Times to be assigned
Use your technical skill to help the younger tech geniuses follow you. Through the summer we have camps and teams that need your help.